UN reports ‘extraordinary progress’ in global fight against AIDS
The international community has made extraordinary progress in the past decade in the fight against AIDS, but a funding crisis is putting those gains at risk, the United Nations health agencies said.
A World Health Organization-led report said the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS and now infects about 34 million people around the world has proven a “formidable challenge” for scientists and public health experts.
“But the tide is turning,” it added. “The tools to achieve an AIDS-free generation are in our hands.”
- time-for-maps likes this
- gazetaoriental reblogged this from theatlantic and added:
- gazetaoriental likes this
- fuckyeahhotdresses likes this
- uema255 likes this
- hipster-womens-fashion likes this
- blog-marketing-tools reblogged this from nationalpost
- epicviz reblogged this from ilovecharts
- This was featured in #News
- nationalpost posted this