Now that the New York Times pay wall is live, you only get 20 free clicks a month. For those worried about hitting their limit, we’re taking a look through the paper each morning to find the stories that can make your clicks count.
On the top of the Times this morning is a don’t-miss story about gay students at Christian colleges. Skip the story on Standard & Poor’s wake-up call to the administration—it’s on every front page today. The paper’s coverage of Libya continues to be outstanding and this media rich reporton refugees humanizes the conflict. There are a number of oil spill stories as it’s a day shy of the one-year anniversary—conserve your clicks and just read this one.
World: Depending on your mood, you should start either with this piece about the region’s reaction to the continued U.S. presence in Afghanistan or this piece on Camilla at the Royal Wedding. You might also find this memo from Havana detailing the status quo in Cuba interesting. This look at Robert Mugabe’s intimidation tactics is also interesting.
U.S.: Arizona Governor Jan Brewer’s two vetoes—one killing a birther bill, the other a controversial gun law—will be covered by everyone. Instead, check out this well-done story of the recent Southern storms or this report about the ongoing campaign to keep online poker (and the lobbyists waging it). And if you’re at all like us, you just can’t get enough of the Francis Ford Coppola-like epic unfolding at the mob trials in New York.
Read more at The Atlantic Wire and make the most of your clicks.
- edhardy-clothing likes this
- fursnake7 likes this
- aricwithuha reblogged this from theatlantic
- ladyj reblogged this from inothernews
- reafan likes this
- kateoplis likes this
- abhiondemand reblogged this from theatlantic and added:
- 7-days likes this
- treatyoselfartie reblogged this from inothernews
- thebardofavon reblogged this from inothernews and added:
- rinfish reblogged this from inothernews
- stillhidden likes this
- thedustatdawn likes this
- yourabode said: I look forward to your ‘Trimming the Times’ posts. Thanks!
- missbhavens likes this
- hazedee likes this
- ostentatoire likes this
- missgingerlee likes this
- aatombomb likes this
- chels likes this
- uhitsjayvee likes this
- wanderlandboy likes this
- ciruw likes this
- nickturse reblogged this from inothernews
- seulito likes this
- djotaku reblogged this from inothernews and added:
- nickturse likes this
- stupidoldishlikelettersandsodas reblogged this from theatlantic
- jvbrewer said: Great idea.
- fhayepantino likes this
- keilani likes this
- ysvoice likes this
- inothernews reblogged this from theatlantic and added:
- hughbot likes this
- inothernews likes this
- bradleywarshauer likes this
- theatlantic posted this